Blind and sighted visitors experiencing art together (insight card)
Based on the literature as well as on extensive observations and interviews with blind and sighted visitors, insights were generated for allowing blind and sighted visitors to have a truly inclusive art experience.
Below you can download an example insight card from the Art Valise project by Lisanne Aardoom. Please get in touch with us in case you are interested in the complete set of insight cards from this project.
This project resulted in the following insight cards:
- Meaningful museum experiences for blind people: contributing factors
- Blind people obtain information in a different way
- Blind people in their communication
- A distinction between the blind and the sighted ones in museums
- Connecting blind and sighted visitors experiences
- Translation of artworks for blind visitors